Thursday, January 13, 2011

Buppy

Apparently someone was reading the blog last night and didn't appreciate the way I was writing about him. I had gone to bed very late - very late for the 4th night in a row thanks to Ben being away in Chhaeb (can't sleep), a new internet connection (i can play) and the proprosal (i should be working) i am helping on. Last night I was looking for school supplies to order for Amelie. After about 1.5 hours of sleep for me, Amelie wakes up screaming - she needs me to take her to the toilet (we haven't worked out how to get there ourselves yet in the dark or how to remember to keep a torch by the bed or how to put lights on in the dark). This as expected, woke up Jarrah - had to get her. Brought her into my bed. The had to go get her water ("wawer"). Amelie had to get into bed too. Jarrah was way too much awake but finally we got back to sleep. At 6 am (3 hours later) I get woken up to sharp scratching and pain on my face. Immediately realising Buggy was biting me grabbed him and threw him away. He left. Blood dripping everywhere. Went to look in the mirror and had two deep cuts on my face with blood pouring and also two on my middle finger. Sat down and held the red towel on my face for a while. Two very concerned little girls helping as much as they could.

This all happened because there are no mosquitos. Because there were no mosquitos I wasn't using the mosquito net. I will use the mosquito net tonight. I called Ben and told him to come home early today (he was planning on coming home in the evening). So he came home.

I am thankful for two, no three things. That Buggy didn't get the girls. That I have red towels. That Ben got home early.

A very exciting morning it was.

No comments: