Thursday, October 3, 2013

Animals All Over

Here is a little composition Amelie wanted to share – it is inspired by the book, There’s a Possum in the House, by Kiersten Jensen and Tony Oliver.  And it isn’t so far from the truth.

 

By Amelie Davis

 

“There’s a peacock on the bed and he poo-ed on the pillow.”

“Oh! No!” yelled mum.

“Clean it up!” yelled Jarrah

“OK,” growled dad.

 

“I stepped in the poo!  Where is the poo picker-upper?” Amelie yelled.

“Get him NOW!” she screamed.

 

“There’s a myna in the house and he stole my toy coin!” Amelie said.  “Get the trap!”

“Don’t hurt him” said dad.

“We won’t,” Jarrah and Amelie said together.

 

There’s a hen in the house and she’s eating all the dog food.

“Shoo!  Shoo!” yelled Amelie.

“There’s only one crumb left,” Jarrah said.

“Oh no,” said mum.

 

My dog’s on the table and she’s eating up my food.

“Oh, no!” said Amelie.

“Ha! Ha!” Jarrah laughed.

“Off the table!” mum said.

 

“The rabbit escaped!” Amelie cried.

“Catch her!” Jarrah screamed.

“I’ve got her,” mum said.

 

“The hamster bit me!” cried Jarrah.

“Oh drat!” said dad.

“Why did you get bit a second time?” Amelie asked.

“I don’t know,” Jarrah said. “The sky is getting dark, let’s go to bed.”

 

 

No comments: