Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thanksgiving


This has been our first thanksgiving that we have celebrated as a family at our home.  Normally, we just let the day go by but this year, we thought we should start making memories and do something.



Ben promised me that he would get us a chicken for me to roast on Thanksgiving but they must have heard and all avoided the traps today.  This was the easiest poultry that we could find however I wasn't allowed to roast him.
   

Sorry these pictures are on the side again.  I need to fix the direction before I upload and I forgot and there doesn't appear to be a tool to set them straight.  And they took so long to upload.  We made thanks turkeys and everyone wrote their thankfulnesses on the feathers.  Jarrah was too busy eating the tofu (in lieu of the turkey) to worry about being thankful.  She did say she was thankful for God, for TVP and for the Amalous (animals).  She has this tasty TVP she is addicted to at the moment and likes them dry.  Lucky we only have a little bit of it so when we are out we are out.


I cooked roast potatoes which turned out OK, roast pumpkin which was too slow and mostly didn't make the meal (I burnt some which I tried to cook on the stove and the stuff in the oven was OK, but not done in time), and string beans with fried tofu as the protein!  And a pumpkin pie of course.  Which was OK.  Pastry needs work though.  It is hard to make without butter.  Then I had leftover pumpkin puree so I have about 40 muffin /cookies which are "interesting."

So, that was our thanksgiving, it was a good day.. mostly.  Amelie did something naughty (threw something at a boy) and so we made her write lines - 100!  "I must not throw things at other people") so she said she didn't have a very happy thanksgiving.. sadly!

That is all for now.  I will end now. Bye.

1 comment:

ann said...

Cute pictures. Looks like a fun (mostly) day! Food sounds yummy too! Had fun laughing with Shona and Gary and catching up with people like Josh. Glad i didn't have any lines i had to write tonight- oh wait i did! :0